Saturday, October 29, 2011

SPROUTED QUINOA SALAD

This is a yummy salad I prepared and shared with my aqua fit class today and they loved it!  This is called a sprouted quinoa salad.  I noted the recipe below.





Always use organic when available.

1 cup of  sprouted quinoa,
1 bunch of kale shredded in a food processor
6 roma tomatoes (cut out the pulp and save for smoothies) chop tomatoes into small pieces.
3 medium cucumbers unpeeled and chopped.


Mix all ingredients together adding your favorite healthy dressing to taste. I recommend making your dressing from scratch.  I drizzled red wine vinegar and extra virgin olive oil over my salad.

HOW TO SPROUT  (quinoa is one of the easiest grains to sprout)

Soak quinoa in a jar with 2 cups of purified water for 2 - 4 hours. After soaking put the quinoa in a fine mesh sieve,rinse and allow to drain over a bowl. Cover the sieve with a light cloth or paper towel. Complete the rinse and drain process 2-3 times a day until you see a small tail starting to sprout.

When the quinoa has sprouted rinse and drain excess water. mix with other ingredients.



4 comments:

  1. This looks so delicious. And now that I know how easy it is to sprout quinoa, I will try that tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mimi, I really appreciate your comment. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was delicious, thank you! I was out of kale so I used a bunch of cilantro, added a diced avocado and some red onion and used lime juice instead of vinegar.

    ReplyDelete